Silkon Flowmix 250
Silkon Flowmix 250 is a sulfonated naphthalene− formaldehyde-based superplasticiser admixture and supplied as a brown liquid instantly dispersible in water. Silkon Flowmix 250 has been specially formulated to give high water reductions up to 25% without loss of workability or to produce high quality concrete of reduced permeability.
Usages and Advantage
- To produce pumpable concrete
- To produce high strength, high grade concrete M30 & above by substantial reduction in water resulting in low permeability and high early strength.
- To produce high workability concrete requiring little or no vibration during placing.
- Improved workability - Easier, quicker placing and compaction.
- Increased strength - Provides high early strength for precast concrete with the advantage of higher water reduction ability.
- Improved quality - Denser, close textured concrete with reduced porosity and hence more durable.
- Higher cohesion - Risk of segregation and bleeding minimized; thus, aids pumping of concrete.
- Chloride free - Safe in prestressed concrete and with sulphate resisting cements and marine aggregates.
Silkon Flowmix 250 complies with IS: 9103:1999 and BS:5075 Part 3 .Silkon Flowmix 250 conforms to ASTM-C-494 Type ‘F’ and Type ‘A’ depending on the dosages used.
Brij Additives provides on-site technical service for assistance and advice on mix design, admixture selection, evaluation trials etc.
Can be used with all types of cements except high alumina cement. Silkon flowmix 250 is compatible with other types of Silkon admixtures when added separately to the mix. Site trials should be carried out to optimize dosages.
Can be used to produce flowing concrete that requires no compaction. Some minor adjustments may be required to produce high workable mix without segregation.
Cohesion is improved due to dispersion of cement particles thus minimizing segregation and improving surface finish.
Early strength is increased up to 20% if water reduction is taken advantage of. Generally, there is improvement in strength up to 20% depending upon W/C ratio and other mix parameters.
Reduction in W/C ratio enables increase in density and impermeability thus enhancing durability of concrete.
Health and Safety
Silkon Flowmix 250 is non-toxic. Any splashes on the skin should be washed immediately with water. Splashes on the eyes should be washed immediately with water and medical advice should be sought.
Silkon Flowmix 250 is non flammable.
|Specific gravity||1.220 to 1.225 at 30° C|
|Chloride content||Nil to IS:456|
|Air entrainment Approx||1% additional air is entrained|
Note: The uniformity parameters like specific gravity, pH, chloride content etc. will vary for specific customer requirements and mix design. Please refer our MTC issued for specific product configuration for measuring our product parameters that will be constantly and consistently administered.
The optimum dosage is best determined by site trials with the concrete mix which enables the effects of workability, strength gain or cement reduction to be measured. Site trials with Silkon Flowmix 250 should always be compared with mix containing no admixture. As a guide, the rate of addition is generally in the range of 0.5 – 2.0 liters /100 kg cement.
An over dose of double the recommended amount of Silkon Flowmix 250, will result in very high workability and some retardation of setting time will occur. However, the ultimate compressive strength will not be impaired.
Silkon Flowmix 250 is supplied in 250 kg drums.
Silkon Flowmix 250 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored under normal temperatures. It should be protected from extreme temperatures and preferably stored in shade.